Pages

"I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them." 1 Timothy 2:1 (NLT)

Monday, March 7, 2011

Think Good Thoughts on Purpose

    We know that when God has renewed our mind with a fresh attitude we can choose to make right decisions.  For instances, we know that love is not necessarily a feeling but a choice.  We must also choose to think good thoughts about other people.  Take a moment and think good thoughts about someone you know, and see how much better you feel.
    Thinking good thoughts opens the door for God to manifest His good plan in your life.  So if you haven’t been working with the Holy Spirit to break old thoughts patterns and form new ones, it’s time to get started.  Think good thoughts about people on purpose, and as your attitude starts to change toward others, your relationships will also start to change for the better.  “to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.”Ephesians 4:23-24(NIV)

O gracious Father, through the power of the Holy Spirit gives us strength and the understanding for those that may bring confusion and chaos to our lives.  So we are able to think and be positive and not to think badly or to judge others for their actions or words.  Give us patience and knowledge that will remind and equip us with the grace as You would.   We proclaim peace and joy over our thoughts and a new understanding for others for Your glory.  Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2(NIV) In Jesus name…Amen!

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I will have sharp remarks for my husband so I am trying to counter balance them by following up something nice, not always out loud at first, but eventually I voice them.
    This is a tough one for me because I get along with almost everybody, I see the good in most of mankind but there are a few people that just rub me the wrong way and I have to then work at saying nice things. But, I pray and ask God to help me and He always does!! He is so faithful. Just yesterday I was put in a situation where I was alone with the ONLY person in my church that rubs me wrong and God pulled through. I even found myself enjoying our hour long conversation. :)

    Positive thinking and positive words work!

    Thank you for the wonderful reminder.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Child of God, it sounds like God's working in your life. God has such a sense of humor, huh. I too had a situation happen yesterday but with my hubby. I quickly reacted in a negative way with negative thoughts and negative words. If I had positive thoughts all could have been avoided. YES... Positive thinking and Positive words work! God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, love is a choice, good thoughts, nice words:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...