Pages

"I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them." 1 Timothy 2:1 (NLT)

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Matthew 11:28

Matthew 11:28--Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

Lately, the Hubby and I have been going through, I suppose you could call it, ”growing pains in our faith", my beloved calls it "Groundhog Day" and we TRY to laugh it off.  I have to admit lately, I have really veered from His way, I have wanted to argue, I have been easy to anger and just plain mean, which is very much out of character for me.  Then this morning I realized that I am opening the door to the enemy. 

So many us today are stressed out beyond anything a human being was ever meant to endure.  Everyone of us are very different, uniquely created by God's design.  What is complicated for one may be simple for another.  Take my Hubby for example, he is calm and truly composed with enormous patience, when I am a ball of nerves.  I am panicking on the inside and screaming and he is reminding me not to worry because it will not do us any good.  And then there are circumstances in which I am calm as a cucumber and he is ready spit fire with zero tolerance and no patience. Not comparing myself to my hubby, but I sit and think...."What would Jesus have me do in this situation?  How would He handle it?"  

 Jesus was not stressed out or burned out.  He was not controlled by circumstances or the demands of other people.  In John 14:6, Jesus said, "I am the Way" His way is the right way.....the way that will lead you into righteousness, peace, and joy.  Jesus prayed that His enjoyment would fill your soul, and it will when we learn to take His approach to life and its many different challenges.
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.”  Matthew 11:28

Dear Heavenly Father, through the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, I am redeemed out of the hand of satan.  Through the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, all our sins are forgiven.  The Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, God’s son, continually cleanses us from all sin.  Through the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, we are justified, made righteous, just as if we have never sinned.  Through the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ cleanses our conscience from dead works to serve the Living God.   Father, I ask that You shut any doors that needs to be shut in our lives and open any doors that need to be opened, in the spiritual and natural of our lives in Jesus’ Holy Name.  Heavenly Father, we plead the Blood of Jesus over those doorways and ask that the enemy be rendered powerless and harmless so they cannot come back through those doorways ever again to our homes, our finances, our ministries, our children, our work places and our loved ones in Jesus Christ’s Holy Name, I pray with thanksgiving….Amen!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. You guys sound a lot like us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...