Pages

"I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them." 1 Timothy 2:1 (NLT)

Friday, January 25, 2013

Joy

What are speaking to yourself?  Are speaking positive or negative?  If your words are going in the right directions then your life will go in the right direction.  We can talk ourselves out of things or into doubt.  Why support doubt in your life?  If you speak things like, "I am not worthy" or "I am not good enough" or "I am so stupid".....you ARE supporting doubt in your life.  Speaking these things gives your joy away .....will be going around upset and frustrated.  This is a choice.  Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond.  You can control your response but you can't control what happens.  The key is to decide how to respond ahead of time and then when things come against you then you will be prepared.  You have the power to be happy where you are, nothing can take your joy, you have to give it away.  Don't get me wrong things happen to you and you will get upset I'm not asking you not to get upset.  I am asking you to choose not to give your joy away.  Make up your mind and CHOOSE to keep your joy.  Take inventory of your life, think about what is making you stressed or what gets under your skin or what do you tell yourself you haven't the patience for?  How many times do you get upset about things that really isn't a big deal.  When we are frustrated or up tight we don't make good decisions.  Having a relaxed attitude lengthens your life.
You have the power within you to Decide today............I will not give my joy away today!  And I will stop allowing things to upset me!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...